Here at Vendition we believe individuals with the right mindset and guidance can have a successful career in Tech Sales and we’re on a mission to provide that opportunity to people who may not have otherwise believed it to be an option.
Vendition is an end-to-end Sales Development program for onboarding, training, and preparing aspiring SDRs for a career in Tech Sales. Our Apprenticeship program gives individuals the on-the-job training, mentorship, and experience needed to excel in entry-level sales roles. Though our program focuses on providing onboarding and training support for Apprentice’s first three months on the job, we’re invested in their long-term success as Alumni and provide ongoing support and mentorship throughout the rest of their Sales career.
We’ve placed thousands of Apprentices with over 500 Partner companies from startups to Fortune 500s and everything in between. Our goal is to become the go-to destination for individuals looking to learn more or start their career in Tech Sales.
ABOUT VENDITION’S APPRENTICESHIP
The Vendition Apprenticeship program is the first three months on-the-job at a Hiring Partner’s company where Vendition Instructors assist the Hiring Partner in onboarding, training, and mentoring the Apprentice. Training during the Apprenticeship is a combination of Vendition and Partner Company content and consists of both online web-based training in Vendition’s learning management system (LMS) as well as personalized coaching provided by the assigned Vendition Instructor. During the three months, the online coursework and coaching curriculum will cover the following topics:
- The Fundamentals of Sales and Sales Development
- Tools Training (ie Salesforce, Outreach, SalesLoft, etc)
- Product and Company Knowledge
- Outbound Prospecting
- Professional Development
At the end of the Apprenticeship, the Apprentice should have a foundational understanding of Sales Development and be able to perform the relevant responsibilities and role of a Sales Development Rep.
Vendition’s product is ultimately the training. As an early member of our Instruction and Coaching team, you will be Vendition’s product evangelist and in-house Sales Development expert. Though we’ve established a strong foundation for our Sales Development education and training, we continue to iterate and improve our coaching and training program.
You, as a Sales Development practitioner and expert, will partner with the executive team to build the next iteration of Vendition’s Sales Development training as well as be the program manager for the Apprenticeship with our Hiring Partners. You will play a key role in developing the right processes, scaling the program across all our Hiring Partners, and building out the team for future iterations of Vendition’s core training products.
This role is a good fit for a customer-centric and growth-oriented Instructor who is interested in scaling training operations and wants to solve problems in the entry-level job market. Though your primary responsibility will be coaching, you will be involved in many areas of the business, including operations, sales, marketing, customer success — which is why it’s also a growth role. We have ambitious targets and goals for each other and the compensation will reflect through base, bonus, and significant equity ownership.
- 4-year degree
- At least 1-2 years Sales Development experience
- Excellent presenter and communicator, written and oral
- Coaching or teaching experience preferred
- Ability to think creatively and develop new ways to teach and instruct
- Incredible personal relationship building skills and desire to mentor
- Strong analytical thinker with ability to “think on your feet”
- Outstanding attention-to-detail with superior time and project management skills
- Desire to learn and wear many hats
- Interest in education and edtech
- Growth mindset looking to constantly improve your skills
- Based in USA
PROJECTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sales Development Coaching: You will be responsible for helping our partner companies train and onboard their new SDRs through Vendition’s SDR curriculum.
- Apprenticeship Curriculum Development: Modify and develop the next iteration of Sales Development Apprenticeship training curriculum in order to better meet the learning needs and interests of our SDR Apprentices.
- Product Strategy: As a lead Instructor, you will constantly review and iterate on the high-level approach, methodology, and strategy across our training initiatives and curriculum to ensure the goals and expectations of the program are aligned with our Hiring Partners.
- Curriculum Collateral & Materials Development: Work with Apprentices, Hiring Partners, and Vendition teams to develop materials and collateral explaining the Apprenticeship, training, and program mentorship to external partners.
- Apprentice Community & Networking: As Vendition’s Instructor, you are one of the most important contacts for the Apprentice that connects the Apprentice to Vendition. You will work with Marketing and other Vendition executives to build the Apprentice community, provide networking opportunities, and further strengthen our relationships with our Alumni.
- Understand Customers & Business Development: Understanding customer needs is the foundation of any business, small or large. This will be especially true as we technically have two sets of customers when it comes to our sales training: the Apprentices and the Hiring Partners. You will also be expected to maintain a high-level strategic view of how our program serves our customers and if there are solutions or partnerships that could improve the outcomes of our program.
- Operations, Customer Success, Sales, and More: As a high growth startup, we will need help across the board. Though your responsibilities will primarily live in coaching, instruction, and managing relationships between our Apprentices and Hiring Partners, there will be occasions where you will step in to fill in the gaps. You’ll no doubt help with anything from Account Management and Sales to Operations and Finance. However we believe this is what makes a cohesive growth startup team and creates the trusting dynamic we all have. We’re in this together!