Here at Vendition we believe anyone with the right mindset and guidance can have a successful career in Tech Sales and we’re on a mission to provide that opportunity to people who may not have otherwise believed it to be an option.
Vendition is an end-to-end Sales Development program for onboarding, training, and preparing aspiring SDRs for a career in Tech Sales. Our Apprenticeship program gives individuals the on-the-job training, mentorship, and experience needed to excel in entry-level sales roles. Though our program focuses on providing onboarding and training support for Apprentice’s first three months on the job, we’re invested in their long-term success as Alumni and provide ongoing support and mentorship throughout the rest of their Sales career.
We’ve placed thousands of Apprentices with over 500 Partner companies from startups to Fortune 500s and everything in between. Our goal is to become the go-to destination for individuals looking to learn more or start their career in Tech Sales.
You will be an integral part of the Management Team and lay the groundwork for Marketing with the goal of making www.vendition.com the go-to online destination for entry-level sales education, career placement, and industry relationships. Vendition is a marketplace of Hiring Partners (B2B) as well as individuals (B2C) who are looking to find a job in Sales. Though you’ll primarily be focused on acquiring hiring partners, several marketing initiatives will be B2C focused. You will have the unique opportunity to develop and own the full customer acquisition lifecycle, define our digital and content strategies online, as well as build a tight-knit community between our Apprentices and Hiring Partners.
This role is a good fit for a customer-centric and entrepreneurial marketer who is comfortable with ambiguity and wants to solve problems in the entry-level job market. As our first Marketing teammate, you will be involved in many areas of the business, including product, operations, sales, marketing, customer service — which is why it’s not just a marketing role, it’s a growth role. We want a marketing leader who can help us scale our business, our mission, and its impact through Marketing. We have ambitious targets and goals for each other and the compensation will reflect through base, bonus, and significant equity ownership.
- 4-year college degree
- Excellent presenter and communicator, written and oral
- B2B experience preferred, mix of B2B and B2C marketing experience a plus
- Experience working for a company with a marketplace model
- Expert on marketing channels including social media, content, email, etc.
- Ability to think creatively and develop new ways to increase revenue and online presence
- Incredible personal relationship building skills
- Strong analytical thinker with ability to “think on your feet”
- Outstanding attention-to-detail with superior time and project management skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and strong self motivation
- Desire to learn and wear many hats
- Worked at companies both small and large
- Interest in education and edtech
- Growth mindset looking to constantly improve your skills
- Based in USA
Projects & Responsibilities
- SEO & Content Strategy: Our goal is to become the go-to online destination for entry-level sales education, career placement, and industry relationships. Define and execute on a content strategy that will help grow Vendition’s online presence, brand awareness, and push our mission of providing sales career opportunities to individuals who may not have otherwise thought it possible.
- Marketing & Demand Generation: As our lead marketer, you will be responsible for driving leads through both inbound and outbound marketing techniques like social media, content, webinars, virtual events, and more.
- Product Marketing: Work with both Apprentices, Hiring Partners, and Vendition teams to develop sales and marketing collateral that both attracts inbound leads and provides useful online content and information.
- Paid Marketing: Develop and execute paid marketing campaigns that align with internal goals and initiatives.
- Understand Customers & Business Development: Understanding customer needs is the foundation of any business, small or large. This will be especially true as we technically have 2 sets of customers: the Apprentices and the Hiring Partners. You will also be expected to maintain a high-level strategic view of how our program serves our customers and if there are solutions or partnerships that could improve the outcomes of our program.
- Operations, Customer Success, Sales, and More: We’ll be honest, we’re a growing startup and many of us, especially in Management, wear multiple hats. As a high growth startup, we will need help across the board. Everyone pitches in and steps in to fill in the gaps and nothing is “outside your job description”. You’ll no doubt help with anything from Account Management, Sales, to Operations and Finance. However we believe this is what makes a cohesive growth startup team and creates the trusting dynamic we all have. We’re in this together!
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation in benefits and salary
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Exposure to early-stage tech startups
- Accelerated career trajectory
- Unlimited PTO