Here at Vendition we believe anyone with the right mindset and guidance can have a successful career in tech sales and we’re on a mission to provide that opportunity to people who may not have otherwise believed it to be an option.
Vendition is an end-to-end Sales Development program for onboarding, training, and preparing aspiring SDRs for a career in Tech Sales. Our Apprenticeship program gives individuals the on-the-job training, mentorship, and experience needed to excel in entry-level sales roles. Though our program focuses on providing onboarding and training support for Apprentice’s first three months on the job, we’re invested in their long-term success as Alumni and provide ongoing support and mentorship throughout the rest of their Sales career.
We’ve placed thousands of Apprentices with over 500 Partner companies from startups to Fortune 500s and everything in between. Our goal is to become the go-to destination for individuals looking to learn more or start their career in tech sales.
As one of our early Sales team hires, you will have the unique opportunity to be responsible for both Sales execution and Sales strategy. This role will enable you to have a direct impact on the Company’s scalability and growth. You will play a key role in developing relationships with other companies and introducing them to Vendition’s Apprenticeship program, helping them hire Sales Development Reps.
This individual needs to be someone who is able to work independently, executing day-to-day while also thinking strategically. You will be expected to manage the full sales cycle, from source to close. Superior relationship management skills will be important in effectively engaging with prospects, customers, and strategic partners. This individual needs to be extremely organized, have the ability to learn quickly and be comfortable handling priorities.
Need to Have
- 12+ months of ANY sales experience
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and strong self-motivation
- Ability to think creatively and teach yourself new skills
- Incredible personal relationship building skills
- Strong analytical thinker with ability to “think on your feet”
- Excellent research/lead generation skills
- Outstanding attention-to-detail with superior time and project management skills
Nice to Have
- 4-year degree
- B2B Sales Development experience
- Outbound sales experience
- Experience hiring, onboarding, and training new SDRs
- Startup background preferred
- Entrepreneurial drive and strong self-motivation
- Desire to learn and wear many hats
- Worked at companies both small and large
- Interest in education and edtech
- Growth mindset looking to constantly improve your skills
- Based in USA
Projects & Responsibilities
- Qualify and direct prospects: Create and standardize messaging and calls, prospect research, and sales processes. Then methodically guide prospects through a consultative sales model, managing opportunities through our selected CRM with expedience and transparency.
- Relationship management: The Company has an existing pipeline of referrals, customers, and other relationships. You will work with Sales Leadership to create the right approach in managing and approaching these particular accounts. Additionally, you will be expected to conduct high-level conversations with these accounts.
- Full sale cycle management: Though the Company has an existing pipeline of leads, referrals, partners, and potential customers, you will be expected to manage the sales cycle, end-to-end, sourcing, qualifying, and closing prospective customers. We welcome individuals who like to think creatively and are willing to experiment in the sales process!
- Understand customer needs: As an AE, your primary objective is to engage prospects and manage the sales process from initial engagement through close; however, you will also be expected to maintain a high-level strategic view of how our program fits with our customers. Investigate customer needs and develop customized solutions through thorough client discovery conversations.
- Track and analyze: Manage, track, and report on all sales activities and results using our CRM solution. With all of the data collected, the goal is to uncover our prospects’ business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities and provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process and sales optimization.
- Meet or exceed mutually agreed upon quotas and goals.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation in benefits and salary
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Exposure to early-stage tech startups
- Accelerated career trajectory
- Unlimited PTO